Everyday I come across new online business owners who are trying to set up their business site. And everyday I feel sorry for at least a dozen of them. Because many of them will never succeed.
It’s sad but very true.
This is what is mostly done:
- A blog or site is set up on a free site so money can be saved
- They start joining lots of affiliate sites and put up banners on the site
- They join an open online group and hope someone will need their services
- Frustration starts to come and they start joining banner exchanges in hope of getting more orders.
Can you see how this is wrong? Well instead of concentrating on what is wrong let’s concentrate on how to actually do it. The recipes may vary but the ingredients are usually the same.
How to get started marketing your business online:
- Make sure you understand your target market and their needs. By knowing that it will be easier for you to create content for them when you start your site.
- Go get a domain name. Choose a domain name which includes your business name and go for the .com version. Not .net, .org or something else. Recommended service for domain buying: Name .com
- Sign up for some reliable web hosting. Yes it will be worth cutting down on the Starbucks coffee for a few weeks (or whatever you spend your money on). Two reliable hosts: The $4.95/month option or the $6.95/month option. Both equally recommended.
- Set up WordPress and get yourself some a nice design. At least a nice header and logo.
- Learn how to use your new site to your advantage. That includes learning about keywords, writing for the web, affiliate marketing, online marketing, selling techniques, web traffic, copy writing, Search Engine Optimization and much more.
- Join a private masterminds group where you can discuss your online biz growth with other serious online entrepreneurs.
These are 6 easy steps anyone can take. It takes a lot of work once everything is set up but if you learn the right way you will find that it is easier than doing it the way most new online biz owners do as described in the 4 steps.
Do yourself a favor: set it up the right way from the start. It will pay off.