In the beginning you can be really motivated to pursue something and think that it will never end. Until you realize you aren’t as motivated to do things like you were in the beginning. So what happened? Does it mean you are not passionate about your business? Does it mean you should stop and do something else. No not at all. Instead what you can do is find ways to make sure you stay motivated.
Be Sure Of Your Ultimate Goals:
Start by asking yourself the following questions:
* Why did you start the business in the first place? What was it that made you want to be your own? What did you feel at that time? Are you prepared to go back to what it was before?
* What are your competitors doing that you aren’t? What can you improve and make a bit different with your unique touch? Take time to evaluate your growth compared to others in your niche.
* Have you defined your ultimate goals? Going back to when you started, how have these goals changed? Have you been sticking to the original plan or have you take a turn here and there? What effect has it had on your business? In order to move forward you need to stay focused.The goals you set will determine the path along which you will travel. But, if your goals are non-existent or they aren’t strong enough to support your business, then it is time to re-evaluate and change them to become the appropriate platform to help you gain success.
Take time to answer these questions, don’t rush. You want to be sure you are walking the right way and not the impulsive way.
How To Push Forward When It Feels Tough
* Don’t walk alone. Consult a trusted advisor or business coach. That way you can get help to regain your focus and set out a new course for your business if needed.
* Surround yourself with people who know what you are going through. Start to visit and participate in forums. Seek new forums and new connections.
* Go local. Do some research on local networking groups for business owners. You may find that your knowledge is highly appreciated and you will get new ideas for your own business.
Lastly, cut yourself some slack. As long as you are committed to your business, give yourself the space to grow.
4 Ways To Get New Inspiration and Motivation
* Look at your goals and try to find three new angles of marketing. What resources do you have at your disposal that you are not using? Decide whether or not they are worth pursuing and decide which one is best for your business.
* Take time to work on things you are passionate about. This may not always be possible but if you try to increase the amount of time you work on something you actually like chances are that you will get more energy to tackle the more boring tasks in your business. Do a test for a limited amount of time and outsource the boring parts while you focus on the fun parts. You may also find that you want to keep outsourcing it.
* Change the way you go about your day. Routines are good but if you always do the same thing the same way you can easily miss out on details. Imagine you are new at a job, you want to pay attention so you can learn and be productive. Do things in the wrong order or a different way to try something new. Changing your schedule can help you find new and improved ways of doing things in your online business.
* Take better care of yourself. Without you there is no business, no matter how much you outsource. You need to be involved and motivated to motivate and encourage your helpers. Make an active choice to take better care of yourself. . Manage stress, get good sleep, exercise and move your body and of course eat healthy foods. These will all help you focus and concentrate when you have time to work on your business. Take time to go for walks in the forest, to do something you like and try not to think of business.
3 Easy ways to make sure you stay motivated and on track with your online business:
- Use the Business Journey Map to create your goals and get motivated again.
- Make sure you are subscribed to the Success Newsletter (you will find info in the sidebar). I promise you that it is full of valuable tips to help you grow your online business and not full of self promotion.
Want to share how you stay motivated with your business? Leave a comment below!