Hey, you didn’t miss the last post did you? It sure will bring you a step closer to that business dream of yours! Happy hunting!
Sometimes it can feel as all your work is not making any difference in your business. Especially if you do not have a real goal and plan for your business and know how to achieve them.
Time management can also be an issue. You spend too much time on things that doesn’t make you any money.
Social networking with a goal
Social networking on Twitter etc is all good and is actually encouraged but is it making you money? There are various ways to use twitter but if you find you are tweeting more than you are working on your business then perhaps it is time to take a break.
Your goal doesn’t need to be money, it can be to increase your email subscribers, get a potential client to check out one of your products, make contacts and much more.
Stay on track and do not let the talking take too much time if it isn’t actually bringing you closer to your goal.
How to make sure you are working on tomorrows profit
Every business has different needs. Right now maybe you need to increase your social media networking, or perhaps you need to do some link building. What you need to do is recognize your most important current needs. Not what you think you should be doing. Do some regular evaluation where you are with your business and plan according to that. Time is scarce – make the most of it!
Imagine that something you do today would have a huge effect on your business tomorrow. What would that be? Is there anything you know you should be doing but you are not doing?
What are you doing today that will bring you profit tomorrow?
Are you spending your time the right way or do you think you can improve? How do you evaluate what is time wells pent and what is not?
If you haven’t reached the success you originally set out for, then who is to blame? Or what circumstance is to blame?
As humans we are quite good at coming up with excuses for why we didn’t do certain things or why something happened. Taking responsibility seems to be too painful so we rather try and cover up what really happened.
This is often reflected in business as well. The projects we plan, our work, what we do. Sometimes things just don’t work out for one reason or another. What do you do in a situation like that?
Taking Responsibility For Your Actions
This is the first and probably most important step. You need to face the truth and take responsibility for what happened. Because you are most likely to blame.
Who needs to plan the projects in your business?
Who decides weather or not something gets done?
Who is responsible?
If you didn’t lay out a plan for a project and it didn’t work out – you are to blame.
If you didn’t take advantage of the help you needed to get the project done – you are to blame.
If you didn’t seek out experienced help and advice when you needed it – you are to blame.
I know that there will be times that you simply can’t do anything about what happened. But what you can do is have an extra plan, be prepared, research, ask for help and much more. And sometimes, you aren’t to blame. But if you have that nagging feeling that something isn’t right and it isn’t working as it should… then you could well be the one to blame.
If you haven’t reached the success you wanted because you didn’t take the necessary steps needed – you are to blame!
What To Do Now
If you never have time for things – go read 8 Quick Time Management Tips For Online Entrepreneurs.
If your marketing tactics aren’t working – go read The Million Dollar Questions You Should Ask and So You Want To Market Your Business On The Internet?.
If you are afraid of taking the next step with your online business – go read Are Your Personal Struggles Keeping Your From Reaching Success With Your Online Business?
If you need help to change something personal that is keeping you from moving forward with your business – go read 12 Powerful Steps Towards Personal Change.
If you came here because you need help to balance your family and business – go read Learn How To Balance Your Online Business And Offline Life
When You Have Done Everything You Can And You Are Still Not Seeing Results
Get some help. I urge you. Please, do talk to someone who understands you and can help you. Sign up for some coaching today! Don’t dwell in things that doesn’t work. Don’t continue to so the things that obviously aren’t working.
If you for some reason don’t want/can’t afford to sign up for some coaching, leave a comment. Ask a question, be bold and talk about your problem.
Let me ask you again: Who is responsible for your success? Have you been honest with yourself about who is to responsible?
How on earth is it possible to balance your offline life and you online business? This is something that many online entrepreneurs struggle with. How can you balance your offline life and your online business without going crazy at the same time?
Way too often we see biz owners trying to do it all themselves and then not understanding why it isn’t working. If they are spending so much of their time working on their business, why is it that they don’t see the results and their family life is in total chaos?
It Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult – There Is Help To Get
What we miss out on many times is that we are the ones making it difficult for us. We often miss the real problem and concentrate on things that aren’t really important. Or are of less importance. And then we stress and stress until we hit the bottom and think it is about time to pack it up.
Well it needn’t be so difficult. You probably just need to figure out what works for you. No business is the same and no person is the same so what someone else does might not work for you.
Look at what strategies you put up when you started your business and see how well they are aligned with what you have today. Perhaps you need to change your strategy a bit to make sure it works for you today.
One thing is sure: there are ways for you to find balance with your online business and offline life! Sometimes it just takes a bit longer to get it all together. For an easy start below are five easy steps for balancing your business and family life.
5 Easy Steps For Balancing Your Business And Offline Life
- Take a good look at everything you do every day. Are you doing things that are helping you make money or really grow your business or are you spending time on unnecessary things?
- Once you have analyzed what you do every day check if you can get help from someone else to do it so you can concentrate on what really makes you money. Remember: Sometimes it is necessary to spend money to make money.
- Talk to your family and discuss your current work schedule and what the ultimate work day would look like.
- Make sure you have a set time when you start and finish work. Come 5 o’clock – turn off the computer or stop what you are doing. Decide on a time you will finish work and do it.
- Concentrate on one thing at a time. If you are focused you will be able to perform a better job and save a lot of time while doing so.
Don’t go at it alone, get help if you need to. Talk to other online biz owners and ask how they do it. Don’t accept defeat, if you have a bad day continue working on what you started the next day. It will improve and it is normally never as bad as we think it is.
How do you deal with balancing your online business and offline life? Have you taken any particular action to achieve a balance that works for you? Please share your experience in the comments.
Everyday I come across new online business owners who are trying to set up their business site. And everyday I feel sorry for at least a dozen of them. Because many of them will never succeed.
It’s sad but very true.
This is what is mostly done:
- A blog or site is set up on a free site so money can be saved
- They start joining lots of affiliate sites and put up banners on the site
- They join an open online group and hope someone will need their services
- Frustration starts to come and they start joining banner exchanges in hope of getting more orders.
Can you see how this is wrong? Well instead of concentrating on what is wrong let’s concentrate on how to actually do it. The recipes may vary but the ingredients are usually the same.
How to get started marketing your business online:
- Make sure you understand your target market and their needs. By knowing that it will be easier for you to create content for them when you start your site.
- Go get a domain name. Choose a domain name which includes your business name and go for the .com version. Not .net, .org or something else. Recommended service for domain buying: Name .com
- Sign up for some reliable web hosting. Yes it will be worth cutting down on the Starbucks coffee for a few weeks (or whatever you spend your money on). Two reliable hosts: The $4.95/month option or the $6.95/month option. Both equally recommended.
- Set up WordPress and get yourself some a nice design. At least a nice header and logo.
- Learn how to use your new site to your advantage. That includes learning about keywords, writing for the web, affiliate marketing, online marketing, selling techniques, web traffic, copy writing, Search Engine Optimization and much more.
- Join a private masterminds group where you can discuss your online biz growth with other serious online entrepreneurs.
These are 6 easy steps anyone can take. It takes a lot of work once everything is set up but if you learn the right way you will find that it is easier than doing it the way most new online biz owners do as described in the 4 steps.
Do yourself a favor: set it up the right way from the start. It will pay off.