There is something that is more important than any online growth you may ever have with your business. Personal growth. You can change anything you like on the outside but if you don’t change what needs to be changed on the inside you will never get anywhere with your business.
There will come a time when what’s inside is pushing its way out. When those things that are holding you back needs to be dealt with.
Things That Could Be Holding You Back
- You are making things more complicated than they are
- You are not using your time in a manner that is beneficial for your business
- Personal situations affect you so much you cannot work your business in an efficient way
- You are easily distracted by things that are not business related
- You are afraid to step out of your comfort zone to grow your business.
- A certain task is holding you back because you don’t know how to do it, keeping your business from evolving.
There may be other things that are holding you back. Your job is to identify what you need to change and work on how to do it.
Even if we know we need to change we are many times resistant to completing the act of changing. Many times we need to convince ourselves quietly why we should change. It will be easier to change if you see the benefits of changing.
Understanding Why Change Is Good
- Understand that unless you deal with the problem you will never be able to move forward
- Growth is uncomfortable but well worth it in the end
- Each problem you face is an opportunity to overcome your limits
If you take the time to understand your reasons for unwillingness to change it will be much easier to start the process of changing. Once you do that you can start to change.
Benefits of Changing
- The less personal problems you have the more you will be able to concentrate on your business
- You mental focus and energy will be much higher which means you can take more action and produce more
- New thinking will help you come up with new ideas leading to more profit
- If your eliminate the problems that are directly limiting the way you run your business your will ultimately have a more focused business
- Moving out of your comfort zone means being open for change, if you are open to change there are no limits to how much your business can grow.
- You will learn how to anticipate future similar problems so that they do not hinder you from working on your business.
- Once you have dealt with the problem it will be easier to overcome the next time if the problem arises again.
Taking The Steps Towards Change
Depending on your problem there might never come a better time to change than now. Perhaps the problem won’t go away no matter how long you wait.
However some problems takes longer to solve, some changes need more preparation to take place. Go through your reason for change and the ultimate result of it and see how quick the process will be for you. Don’t rush, take your time so that your change will be an everlasting result.
Here are 12 powerful steps to get you started dealing with personal change:
12 Powerful Steps Towards Personal Change
- Prepare yourself. See what first step you can do towards stepping out of your comfort zone
- Think through what is really stopping you. Is it fear, habits, abilities or something else?
- Get connected to people who can encourage you and help you when needed
- Hire a life coach or a business coach to really help you see the problems you are having and help you deal with them
- Ask yourself the real reason why you are afraid and what will be your first action towards change
- Take one step at a time. Have a plan and stick to it
- Reduce contact with those who have a negative effect on you until you feel stronger
- Seek help from others who have the skills you lack in order to tackle projects you need to do
- Ask yourself what the future outcome will be if you don’t deal with this today and if you have to deal with it or if you can delegate it to someone else to deal with
- Work on concentrating yourself on you goals when you are distracted or “not in the mood” for working
- Understand that you are in control of your thoughts and what you think. If you understand that you can change anything!
- Analyze your situation: is this something you can or cannot control?
The results of changing something small in our lives can have an immense effect on our business. The important thing is to be open for change. If you are open to change there is nothing you cannot do in your business!
When was the last time you went through a personal change that affected the way you run your business? How did you deal with it? Share your experience in the comments!